Have you failed the GCE A/L examination, or would you like to obtain a Bachelor’s degree after O/L without doing A/L? The Open University in Sri Lanka has a solution for you!
Open Univesity Foundation courses will help you get entry qualification for a bachelor’s degree.
Foundation Courses at OU
Open University offers three such Foundation Courses
- Advanced Certificate in Science Read more
- Advanced Certificate in Social Sciences Read more
- Advanced Certificate Programme in Entrepreneurship and Small Business Management (ESBM) Read more
After obtaining Advance certificate in science, you can follow any degree program in Open University (including science, management, engineering or law), but social science and ESMB certificates will qualify you only for social science and management degree programs.
Advanced Certificate in Science program (ACS)
The Advanced Certificate (ACS) is designed to encourage those without the basic entry qualifications to pursue higher studies in Bachelor of degree in any discipline at Open University or gain entrance to other private educational institutes (et. Institute of Chemistry degree).
Get GCE A/L equivalent SLQF 2 qualification
The ACS program is delivered according to the Level 2 of the Sri Lanka Qualification Framework (SLQF), which is equivalent to the GCE Advanced Level.
One year for (Science students); 2 Years (for non-science students)
The program consists of 30 credits per level, which includes six courses with a credit weightage of five credits each, totaling 10 credits per discipline.
Select any three subjects from Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Mathematics
The courses are offered by the Faculty of Natural Sciences.
Course Fee :
LRK 1,240/= per credit
Sinhala/ English/ Tamil
- At least six (06) passes at the G.C.E (O/L) examination including Mathematics and Science, or equivalent local /foreign qualification from a recognized University/ institute
- Exemptions shall be granted for Part 1 courses (Level 2 -part 1), if students have followed the relevant subject in the GCE (A/L) and obtain at least of 40% overall marks at the Exemption Tests conducted by the OUSL.
- Over 18 years of age
Apply online before February 22, 2023