Student Jobs – take a part-time job while studying in university?

careers, Universities 442 8731

It is very common that students do part-time jobs while studying in foreign universities. It’s obvious that if you don’t work, you will have more time to study, but doing a job can get you some income to survive or get some pocket money without depending on parents.

Research has shown that those students who work while studying tend to understand and grasp their studies much better than those who are not on job. They understand the nature of business and get a practical learning about how things are done. For example if a student is studying telecommunications and works at a call center, he will understand each and every thing much better.

However students working while studying should definitely not divert from their studies and keep a balance between their studies as well as job.

Types of part-time jobs that students at University of Florida do includes Child care, landscaping/ maintaining garden/ gardener, swim lesson instructor, house cleaning, tuition (tutor), office assistant, management assistant, delivery jobs, lifeguard, sales assistant, recreation assistant, web designers, violinist/ musician, mailing letters, dishwasher, IT technical assistants, tour guides, book keeper, delivery work, receptionist, creative writers, drivers, photographers, graphic designers.

In Sri Lankan universities part-time jobs are not promoted. However some students do various types of jobs: conducting tuition, security jobs, waiters etc.
Students can post your comments on student jobs.
NOTE TO EMPLOYERS: Please add your job openings here.
Related:
Make money on Internet as Freelancer
Higher Education and Career Options in IT
Educational Pathways in Management, Accountancy and Marketing

Click here to submit your review.

Submit your review
* Required Field

Comments

comments

1. Aslam August 16, 2015 at 6:59 am -  Reply

Dear Sir/Madam:
    Iam A Advanced Level Student In Maths Stream At This Year.
    After My Advanced Level Exam I Want A Part Time Job.
    Please Help Me.

2. Kolastica July 21, 2015 at 10:35 am -  Reply

I’m a student doing my a.L’s this year in maths stream. I have completed a diploma in software engineering. I need a part time job in Colombo area to continue my higher studies.

3. Kolastica July 21, 2015 at 10:32 am -  Reply

I’m going to do my a.L’s this year in maths stream.already I have completed a diploma in software engineering. I need a part time job to continue my higher studies.please help me

4. sam July 16, 2015 at 10:57 am -  Reply

plz rep me by an email

5. Rajitha rodrigo July 6, 2015 at 9:58 pm -  Reply

Dear sir ,madam!

i am student at university of colombo. I am looking for the part time job near negambo ,jaela ,wattala ,seeduwa weekend . Specialy i wish to do accounting side .
    Best regards

6. tharushi May 17, 2015 at 9:30 am -  Reply

I finished my ol. can I get a job, I can speak italy

7. ranasinghe April 24, 2015 at 1:54 pm -  Reply

I am university student. I am looking for weekend part time job near rathnapura or colombo. Thank you

8. Mohomed Fazal February 6, 2015 at 9:41 am -  Reply

Dear sir/madam
    I am a student of sri jayawardanapura university.I am seeking a part time job.
    I will be appreciate you if you can give me a part time job in borella area.

9. Mohammed Sabrin December 29, 2014 at 2:39 pm -  Reply

Dear Sir/Madam,
    I am Completed National Diploma in Information Communication & Technology (NDICT NVQ Level-05), I interested a job for experience & money .
    Please, help me..

10. Mohamed Fazil December 29, 2014 at 2:32 pm -  Reply

Dear Sir/Madam, I am Completed National Diploma in Information Communication & Technology (NDICT NVQ Level-05), I want to do a Full time job/ Part time/On the Job Training for Money & Experience. Please help me to do a Job it will be great support for my future.

11. Nadee December 21, 2014 at 10:50 am -  Reply

i’m a 3rd year Ayurveda undergraduate in kelaniya.I’m looking for a weekend part time job near Maharagama area.Thank you,best regards

12. nadee November 15, 2014 at 1:02 pm -  Reply

i am studying at university of kelaniya
    i need a part time job

13. Kasun November 6, 2014 at 11:21 pm -  Reply

Dear sir,madam, i,m a 23yrs old handsome student from Kandy, i had some problems in the past, so i couldn,t complete my A/L s yet, but i really want to do A/L s in 2015 next yr, but now i couldn,t go to scl s because of my age, but i go to classes , i,m doing A/L in Science ,but i want to do a part time job to get an income to pay 4the classes, i can,t disturb my parents so please if u can sir,madam, help me to do a part time job it will be a great support 4me to continue my studies. Thank u so much, my email Kasun.chandimal52@gmail.com

1 16 17 18