Student Jobs – take a part-time job while studying in university?

careers, Universities 419 992

It is very common that students do part-time jobs while studying in foreign universities. It’s obvious that if you don’t work, you will have more time to study, but doing a job can get you some income to survive or get some pocket money without depending on parents.

Research has shown that those students who work while studying tend to understand and grasp their studies much better than those who are not on job. They understand the nature of business and get a practical learning about how things are done. For example if a student is studying telecommunications and works at a call center, he will understand each and every thing much better.

However students working while studying should definitely not divert from their studies and keep a balance between their studies as well as job.

Types of part-time jobs that students at University of Florida do includes Child care, landscaping/ maintaining garden/ gardener, swim lesson instructor, house cleaning, tuition (tutor), office assistant, management assistant, delivery jobs, lifeguard, sales assistant, recreation assistant, web designers, violinist/ musician, mailing letters, dishwasher, IT technical assistants, tour guides, book keeper, delivery work, receptionist, creative writers, drivers, photographers, graphic designers.

In Sri Lankan universities part-time jobs are not promoted. However some students do various types of jobs: conducting tuition, security jobs, waiters etc.
Students can post your comments on student jobs.
NOTE TO EMPLOYERS: Please add your job openings here.
Related:
Make money on Internet as Freelancer
Higher Education and Career Options in IT
Educational Pathways in Management, Accountancy and Marketing

Comments

comments

Hiran

University Senior Lecturer at University of Sri Jayewardenepra, Sri Lanka

1. D.K.S.S.Dayananda April 12, 2014 at 10:03 pm -

I’m a 1st year student in rajarata university of sri Lanka at mihinthale.i’m following tourism and hospitality management degree.i except a part time job close to anuradhpura district.

2. S. Vidyarathne April 10, 2014 at 12:22 pm -

I am a 1st year IT student at SLIIT. seeking for a part time online job.

3. fasliya March 13, 2014 at 10:09 pm -

I’m a final year student in eastern university. I’m readind BA degree in economy. I expect a part time job to follow some courses

4. Md. Raihanul Islam February 12, 2014 at 1:42 pm -

I want a job.

5. Bavithra February 4, 2014 at 7:24 am -

Im a student in Trincomalee campus, Eastern University, Im expecting to do a part time job, Im fluent in English,Tamil, & Sinhala, Also im interested in typing , translating & accounting.
    E mail ID: bavi03krishna@gmail.com
    Tel no: 0714687964

6. Nashfan Naseer February 3, 2014 at 7:47 pm -

Hello sir/Madam.
    Iam nashfan Naseer.18 years . Nw iam seeking a job. I have completed hardware engineering and networking. Now i need a job to get experience and to improve my knowledge.
    Please kind enough to me to get a good job in colombo distric or kalutara distric.
    Iam waiting for your soon reply. Please contact me through my email.
    Thank you.
    Your obedient.
    Nashfan Naseer.
    Email.: nashfannaseer@gmail.com

7. Isuru Chamika Priyantha February 2, 2014 at 9:41 pm -

I’m 2nd year student computing faculty of SLIIT Malabe. I’m looking for part time job which can be done at home.contact me 0716628114,0782991715

8. gihana February 2, 2014 at 4:29 pm -

I’m a third shy advance level student.i’m searching for a part time job to continue my studies forward.so if u can help me it will be gratefull to me.my hometown is matale and I’m looking for a job at kandy or matale.i can work three days for a week.and thursday evening time..if u can help me it’ll be a good opportunity to continue my studies.thank you.

9. Tarindu Santhush December 22, 2013 at 1:45 pm -

dear sir,
    I ‘m a student of A.E.T.I.( Automobile Engineering Training Institute
    )i want a part time job while studying .if u can help me plz send me a e-mail xromeomustdie@gmail.com
    My phone no is 0752613402

10. dulanjali December 20, 2013 at 6:36 pm -

i’m a 3rd shy a/l student. i want a part time job from kandy or kegalle.

contact me
    ulanjaliswarnamali@gmail.com

11. ruchira December 6, 2013 at 3:10 pm -

i am 3rd year student of art fac in university of Ruhuna. and i’m doing BIT external degree in university of colombo. i am searching any kind of part time job to do while my study, my email is samitha_ruh@live.com

12. Mohamed Rozan December 3, 2013 at 2:10 pm -

I am a final year student at the South Eastern University of Sri Lanka and I am doing a Special degree in Economics. and i have good knowledge in it, now i am looking for a job (Full/part time)
    Contact: 0777929616, 0757673445
    Rozanba@gmail.com

13. Mohamed Rozan December 3, 2013 at 2:07 pm -

Contact: 0777929616, 0757673445

14. fathima irfana November 17, 2013 at 3:35 pm -

i ‘m a student of muslim school welimada .i’ m a?l student so if u can give me a part time job to weekend .it is very help ful for my education. as please regard my request thank you. my phone no-0775136681 email- fathimairfana95@yahoo.com

15. Name November 16, 2013 at 10:29 am -

I am a second year studennt of science faculty.university of ruhuna…I’m searching a part time job in matara..contact me..tsithari@yahoo.com

16. samarasekara November 10, 2013 at 11:14 pm -

I’m working in reputed company and recently I have receved the univercity selection for Biological science. So I wish to study while working.
    So I want to know is it allowed to students in first year?

Please reply soon as possible.

17. wasula October 24, 2013 at 9:12 pm -

I’m student of beliatta central collage.I complete graphic design course & web design course and I have good experience for this site

I can,
    typing online
    graphic design
    web desing
    My phone number is :-071 1962145

18. nihaql September 9, 2013 at 6:56 pm -

I’m a student in arts faculty of University of Peradeniya. i am looking for a part time job around Kandy. I have followed Dip in English, HRM and Counseling.
    My Phone number is 0783499370.
    and my Email address is : agnpk1989@gmail.com