Schoolchildren can access E-thaksalawa free of charge
The Ministry of Education has taken steps to provide all schoolchildren, who are at home during the extended school holidays due to the coronavirus, with access to E-thaksalawa free of charge through any telephone network.
The Telecommunication Regulatory Commission of Sri Lanka announced that E-thaksalawa, the national e-learning portal for the general education with learning content for grades 1 through 13 is now accessible without data charges with the support of all operators enabling school children to study from home,.
According to a request made by the Ministry of Education from the Telecommunications Regulatory Commission (TRC) steps have been taken to provide the facility with the agreement of all telephone companies.
Accordingly, the e-thaksalawa Learning Management System will be available from 2020/3/23 through http://www.ethaksalawa.moe.gov.lk/ (IP 188.8.131.52).
What is available at e-thaksalawa?
All school children accessing e-thaksalawa will have the opportunity to participate in a range of lessons including learning curriculum, question papers and textbook related exercises.
- video lessons for grades 10 to 11,
- exam papers for grades 1-13,
- past papers for Grade 5 Scholarship Examination and
- G.C.E. Ordinary Level
- Advanced Level Examinations,
- Subject themed entertainment programmes for grade 1 to 13,
- Interactive lessons and electronic content for students in grades 1 to 5,
- Dictionaries, and
- many other reading materials are available for the students.