IELTS stands for “International English Language Testing System.” This test assesses the English ability of non-native English speakers.
What is the IELTS test for?
The IELTS is used for the purposes of study, employment, and immigration in the English-speaking world. Compared to other Cambridge English exams, the IELTS is much more useful for immigration or acceptance into university.
What does the IELTS exam consist of?
Audio tracks, passages, essays, and interviews, oh my! At a glance, the IELTS test has four sections: IELTS Listening, IELTS Reading, IELTS Writing, and IELTS Speaking. These four sections are found on two different versions of the exam: IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training.
How to take IELTS in Sri Lanka?
- IELTS official site has five recognized Sri Lanka institutes for IELTS. – https://www.ielts.org/search?s=sri%20lanka
- You can follow online courses to prepare IELTS
- You can take IELTS with the British Council
- You may also like to learn on similar examinations: TOEFL, SAT and GRE
- According to Admission Test Portal website, there are 6 test locations offered by British Council and 7 test locations offered by IDP in Sri Lanka. In this website you can check upcoming test dates.
- Test dates, fees and locations offered by British Council
Introduction to the IELTS Exam