Sri Lanka Institute of Travel and Tourism Management – Hotel School

Courses, Institutes, News 8 3279

The Sri Lanka Institute of Tourism & Hotel Management (SLITHM), former Hotel School, is the only Government approved Institute, established in 1964 to train youth in the field of Hospitality and Travel Industry, and is managed by Sri Lanka Tourism under the Ministry of Economic Development. Provincial schools have been set up in Anuradhapura, Bandarawela, Pallekelle, Koggala, and Ratnapura.

Certificate and Diploma courses are offered by Sri Lanka Institute of Travel and Tourism Management (former Hotel School). These full-time and part-time programs provide the skills and knowledge for students to be competent in a broad range of managerial skills in tourism operations. Diploma courses provide knowledge and skills in  travel and tourism marketing and product planning and development preparing them to meet the challenges of the ever changing tourism industry. These qualifications allow for multi-skilling related to tourism and the travel industry.

Courses are conducted in following levels:- After successful completion of the training period SLITHM awards Certificate or Diplomas.

Craft Level – 3 months course
Certificate Level – 5 months course
Intermediate Level – 6 months course
Management Diploma in Operation Hotel and Catering  – 3 Year and 4 Year courses
National Tourist Guide Training Program – 4 Months
CHUFFEUR TOURIST GUIDE TRAINING PROGRAMME – 3 months

Progression pathways in Travel and Tourism

Progression pathways in Travel and Tourism

Course are conducted in following fields:

Cookery
Front Office
Food and Beverage
Travel and Tourism
House Keeping

Contact:
Sri Lanka Institute of Travel and Tourism Management http://www.slithm.edu.lk

No. 78, Galle Road, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka.

Telephone : 94 112 382201.
Fax : 94 112 382219
Registrar`s Emai l: chsreg@sltnet.lk,
Common Email : chscmb@sltnet.lk,
Principal : chsprin@sltnet.lk

Sri Lanka Institute of Travel and Tourism Management - Hotel School Sri Lanka Institute of Travel and Tourism Management - Hotel School Certificate and Diploma courses are offered by SLITHM, former Hotel School. Course in Cookery, Front Office Food and Beverage, Travel and Tourism, House Keeping SKU UPC Model

I built my career in Hotel Mangement

Feb 13, 2013 by Rohana Marasinghe

I can recommend this place to anyone wising to start their career in this field.

4.0 4.0 1 1 I got my basic training in Hotel school, Thanks to that training now I am Front office Manger in one of the Leading Hotels in Wadduwa. I can recommend this place to anyone wising Sri Lanka Institute of Travel and Tourism Management - Hotel School

Click here to submit your review.

Submit your review
* Required Field

Comments

comments

1. mohamedsuhail February 26, 2015 at 6:37 pm -  Reply

Can we join soon after our ordinary level exams … can I know the course duration and fee….can we apply for jobs after doing this particular course

2. piyum madusanka February 5, 2015 at 5:40 pm -  Reply

I want to Fallow This Course So I want to know about travel and Tourism course\ Tourism Guide course So can you tell me about its!

1 Duration
    2 Course Free
    3 course Requirements and Other details

3. T B M N GUNASEKARA August 11, 2014 at 7:29 am -  Reply

I am working for archaeology dept, so I would like to study the field of area tourist guide.
    I would be thankful if you can send me relavent details along with weather i can be follow
    the said course in anuradhapura study centre

best regard
    nishantha

4. Shehan Marasinghe June 15, 2014 at 12:03 pm -  Reply

Please be king enough to let me know as a beginner how can i become a tour guide are there any part time learning program i need details

1 Duration
    2 Course fees
    3 Selection procedure & age ranges
    overall Details including above

thanks
    please reply asap

5. shantha March 17, 2014 at 1:58 pm -  Reply

Please be kind enough to send me about the details of part time hotel management course.(Diploma or certificate course)under following criterias I need details.
    1.Duration
    2.course fee
    3.selection procedure.
    Thank you.please reply me soon.

• Hiran January 19, 2015 at 11:14 pm -  Reply

Please contact
      Sri Lanka Institute of Travel and Tourism Management http://www.slithm.edu.lk
      No. 78, Galle Road, Colombo 03, Sri Lanka.
      Telephone : 94 112 382201.
      Fax : 94 112 382219

6. Priyantha February 1, 2013 at 10:36 pm -  Reply

Do we have to work as room boys in this course?