GCE A/L Advanced Level Biology syllabus covers a broad set of sciences that study living organisms: Chemical and Cellular basis of life, Biodiversity and classification, Plant and Animal form and function, Genetics, Molecular Biology, Environmental Biology and Microbiology.
Biology textbooks are available for some areas of these topics. Apart from textbooks, some mcq, structured and essay question answer books and past paper books are also available.
Download syllabus and Resource Guides from NIE website for free
Popular Best Selling Biology Books in Sri Lanka.
- Functioning Animal Book 1 and 2 by Prof Ashoka Pathirathna and Prof. M.J.S. Wijerathna - available from Godage Publishers
- Books by Prof H G Nandadasa - Genetics, Plant Form and Function, Chemical and Cellular Basis of Life - You can buy these books from Sarasavi Bookshops
- Environmental Biology by Prof Hiran Amarasekera
- Biology Books by Weerathunga P Thilakarathna - You can buy these books from Sarasavi Bookshops
- Biology Revision Books by R M D Rajapaksha
- Classified MCQ, Structured essay and essay Classified Past paper questions and answer books published by Pesuru Publishers
Recommended English books for A/L Biology
- Campbell Biology (11th Edition)
- Campbell Biology (10th Edition)
- Ross & Wilson Anatomy and Physiology in Health and Illness 13th Edition