Prof Hiran Amarasekera, Professor in Forestry and Environmental Science at University of Sri Jayewardenepura launched Back to Nature program which promote lifestyle more like our ancestors (Paleolithic or pre-agricultural type of lifestyle as far as possible) among young generation.
“Back to Nature” an initiative introduced by the Young Biologists’ Association and Forestry and Environment Society of University of Sri Jayewardnepura, which focuses on healing both humans and the environment; with the hope of encouraging a healthy and happy human being as well as a sustainable environment.
Back to Nature program includes five components:
- Eat - Promoting Paleo diat
- Move - Walk, Run and move like our ancestors.
- Rest - Back to Mindful Living with Nature
- Conserve - Conserve environment and Biodiversity
- Eat, Move and Rest focus on inspiring a happy and healthy human being
- Conserve and Resilience focus on safeguarding, conserving and adopting to changing environmental conditions.
For more details visit Back to Nature official website. www.backtonature.lk