Z Scores Cut off marks for University admissions 2016 based on 2015 A/L results

Exams, university 15 8010

Minimum Z-scores for selection to courses of study of universities in respect of each district and detailed information of course selection based on the GCE (A/L) Examination in 2015 were released by University Grants Commission (UGC).

According to these Z Score values, 27, 603 students will be enrolled for this year in all government universities with a 10% increase when comparing to last year. According to the Department of Examinations, 309,069 candidates sat for 2015 examination in which 236,072 candidates were school applicants and 72,997 private applicants.

Check Cutoff marks for the G.C. E. Advanced Level Examination in the year 2015:

ugc-unversity-admissions-z-score-check

University Admission Academic Year 2015/2016 – Minimum Z Score values for Selected courses – District : COLOMBO
(based on the G.C.E. (A/L) Examination in 2015)

Course Name/ University and Cut Off Z-Score

Biological Science/ Medicine stream
MEDICINE / UNIVERSITY OF COLOMBO 2.2859
BIOLOGICAL SCIENCE / UNIVERSITY OF COLOMBO 1.6787

Physical Science/ Engineering Stream
ENGINEERING / UNIVERSITY OF MORATUWA 1.9856
PHYSICAL SCIENCE / UNIVERSITY OF COLOMBO 1.4419

Management and Commerce stream
MANAGEMENT / UNIVERSITY OF SRI JAYAWARDENEPURA 1.7496
ARTS / UNIVERSITY OF PERADENIYA 1.6422

Technology Stream
ENGINEERING TECHNOLOGY / UNIVERSITY OF SRI JAYAWARDENEPURA 1.8944
BIOSYSTEMS TECHNOLOGY / UNIVERSITY OF SRI JAYAWARDENEPURA 1.9597

For full list of Z-scores visit

script type=”text/javascript”>

Related contents:

Comments

comments

1. Darshi January 11, 2017 at 7:59 pm -  Reply

A/L biology stream,hambantota z-score : 0.9854 can I apply for university courses.

2. Piraveena sivashanmugarasa. January 8, 2017 at 8:08 am -  Reply

Can you tell me about what courses are available for rank 168 at Jaffna district?

3. Madushi December 7, 2016 at 8:21 am -  Reply

Dan appeal kalot eka valid da…..pls reply me…

4. Samadhi November 20, 2016 at 9:20 am -  Reply

I obtained 1.5707 zscore but was not selected for any university. I appealed and I want to know when we will be informed of the appeal results. District kandy rank 160

5. Chandini November 18, 2016 at 10:41 pm -  Reply

When we can expect waiting list.plz reply

6. Noa November 14, 2016 at 10:11 am -  Reply

Hello!
    Do you guys know how do appeals work? I’ve been selected for RUSL and I appealed for Colombo, Kelaniya and Moratuwa due to the distance factor. I’m curious bc I have to find somewhere to stay and all so like when would I be informed if I’ve been selected to one of the Uni’s that I appealed for?
    Thanks in advance!

• Hiran November 16, 2016 at 3:37 pm -  Reply

Pl ask from UGC admissions

7. sanudi October 14, 2016 at 8:36 pm -  Reply

Mn bio science stream eken kle mge z eka 0.8472 mawa kisima cmpz ekakata select na et mn apply krnn puluwn hama ekakatama apply kla Mata agriculture bottuwkwt labeida mn appeal kle nm na

• chanaka October 27, 2016 at 2:56 pm -  Reply

district eka mokakda?

8. M.F.F.Fasmina September 26, 2016 at 8:44 pm -  Reply

Somebody please reply me

9. M.F.F.Fasmina September 26, 2016 at 8:41 pm -  Reply

My z-score is 0.555. I sat a/l in physical stream and I am from matale district. I haven’t got selected for any course.. I have an all island certificate . Can I appeal for ugc showing that particular certificate now? But I sent that form & a copy of my original certificate with my application form. But I didnt get signature from the principal. What may happend to that form?

• Hiran October 2, 2016 at 9:49 pm -  Reply

Please contact UGC and send them an appeal

10. Deeshani September 22, 2016 at 5:31 am -  Reply

How can I appeal to change the university from ruhunu to peradheniya?

11. Nisha September 20, 2016 at 10:27 pm -  Reply

How can we change a course. I need to transfer from kelaniya to Japura Universiy science faculty

• Hiran September 20, 2016 at 10:29 pm -  Reply

You need to send an appeal to UGC. They may consider if the vacancies are available.