A/L Technology Stream – Subject combinations, Syllabuses and Teacher guides

Schools, Technical Degrees 7 87385

Sri Lankan GCE Advanced Level students can now select Technology stream. This is taught in some selected schools in Sri Lanka from 2013. First batch of students sat GCE A/L examination in 2015, and they entered Universities in 2017, This post explains subject combinations you should follow in this technology stream, list of schools that conduct this stream, download links of Syllabuses and Teacher guides, and future prospects of following theses subjects.

Subject combinations for Technology stream

In the newly introduced Technology stream students should follow three subjects as follows:

1. Science for Technology
2. Engineering Technology or Bio-system technology
3. Select the third subject from 10 subjects including English, Information Technology, Economics, Geography, Commerce, Accounting, and Arts etc.

Download Technology Stream Syllabuses and Teachers’ Guides from NIE web site:

Syllabuses http://www.nie.lk/selesyll
Teachers’ Guides http://www.nie.lk/seletguide

Interview with Minister of Education Mr Bandula Gunawardena (in Sinhala)

Comments

comments

1. akthar April 9, 2017 at 7:55 am -  Reply

Y there are no English medium technology ? I like to study English technology but I can’t oh god

2. R.Dev April 7, 2017 at 10:43 am -  Reply

I really want why they don’t have the tech syllabus in English medium? Actually if I really can contact the minister of education that would be great. And there is no use of studying in sinhala &Tamil medium. Because there isn’t any Global outlook. Only barriered in Srilanka. If possible will you send a link to download or give me the name of a place where they sell books in English medium (tech).

3. Fah October 5, 2016 at 1:46 am -  Reply

How to i choice my engineering technology subject. i will study HND civil engineering.
    how is possible this. please forward me.

4. supun August 12, 2016 at 2:22 pm -  Reply

2015 science for technology answers tika dannko.

5. Muhammed Nusky August 5, 2016 at 2:45 pm -  Reply

I am feeling very bad, because of no model papers and no past paper in Technology steam…..
    🙁

6. Ishan madusanka August 1, 2016 at 7:37 pm -  Reply

Link wada nane…
    Please ET ,SFT ,ICT book tikama ganna link dennako…

Nathnam mata email karanna..
    ishan46madusanka@gmail.com

Please loku udawwak…!

7. vinosh July 30, 2016 at 4:24 pm -  Reply

I want a/l e-tech syllabus