Graduate Studies at King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals (KFUPM) is pleased to invite your attention that application to Graduate Studies at KFUPM is now open online from the link http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/
Partnership of KFUPM with International Institutions
KFUPM has very strong collaborative partnership on conducting innovative research with the following international institutions:
- MIT: Clean Water and Clean Energy.
- Stanford: Oil, Gas and Geosciences.
- California Institute of Technology (Caltech): Petrochemicals and Polymers.
- Technical University of Munich: Refining and Petrochemicals.
- Cambridge University: Oil and Gas.
- Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech): Geo-signal Processing and Smart Grids.
- National University of Singapore: Refining and Petrochemicals
- KAUST: Many research disciplines in Engineering and Sciences.
- Saudi Aramco (the largest oil company worldwide): Many research disciplines.
- SABIC (one of the leading petrochemical companies worldwide): Refining, Petrochemical and Polymers.
- In addition to many world-class universities and industries on different research fields.
Centers for Research Excellence at KFUPM
To provide extreme support for research in areas of excellence, KFUPM has established National Centers for Research Excellence in the following areas:
- KFUPM-MIT Collaboration Center on Clean Water and Clean Energy (http://ccwce.mit.edu/).
- Nanotechnology (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/
- Renewable Energy (http://corere.kfupm.edu.sa/).
- Refining and Petrochemicals (http://core-prp.kfupm.edu.sa/
- Corrosion (http://www2.kfupm.edu.sa/
- Transformative Research in Petrochemicals and Polymers (http://cid-rpp.kfupm.edu.sa/)
- Maintenance (http://se.ikfupm.com/
- Supply Chain Management (http://se.ikfupm.com/
- Carbon Capture and Sequestration.
The Research Institute
The Research Institute is the cornerstone of applied research activities at KFUPM, solving critical scientific and technical problems as well as working on turning knowledge into practice. More details are available on the website of the Research Institute at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/ri/
Research Groups at KFUPM
To provide special support for research in focused areas of interest to Saudi Arabia, KFUPM has established 13 Research Groups in Science and Engineering areas. More details are available on the website of the Deanship of Scientific Research at the link: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/dsr/
Graduate programs offered at KFUPM
|Chemical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|City & Regional Planning||M.C.R.P.|
|Civil Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Computer Science and Engineering||Ph.D.|
|Construction Engineering & Management||M.Sc.|
|Electrical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Industrial & Systems Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Materials Science & Engineering||M.Sc.|
|Mathematical Sciences||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Mechanical Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Medical Physics||M. Med. Phys.|
|Petroleum Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Systems Engineering||Ph.D., M.Sc.|
|Security & Information Assurance||M.Sc.|
Online Admission System
The online graduate admission application for the coming Fall Semester 2013-2014 (Starting in Aug. 2013) will be available until March. 4, 2013 through this link: http://www1.kfupm.edu.sa/gs/
After submission a complete online application, mandatory documents need to be uploaded before March. 11, 2013 through the Upload System using the same Login ID and PIN created for the online application using this link: http://adgs.kfupm.edu.
Mandatory documents for application (without which application will not be processed)
Copy of identification (Passport for international applicants / National ID for Saudi nationals / Iqama for residents of Saudi Arabia).
- Complete official transcripts for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD).
- Statement-of-Purpose (a one-page essay focusing on career and research goals at KFUPM).
- Recommendation Letters from academic referees through the online recommendation system after submitting the online application.
- Certificates for BS degree (and MS degree if applying to PhD) if degrees granted.
- GMAT score (for international MBA applicants).
Other supporting documents (needed for final decision)
TOEFL score (min. is 68 iBT for MS and 79 iBT for PhD) or IELTS score (min. is 6 for MS and 6.5 for PhD).
- Acceptable GRE General Score (min. Quant. is 156), min. Analytical Writing is 4.0).
- Upon approval, original/certified copies of degree certificate(s) and transcript(s) are to be sent through postal mail.
- Deadline for submitting the online application is March. 4, 2013.
- Deadline for uploading mandatory documents is March. 11, 2013.
- Deadline for recommendation letters to be received via the online recommendation system is March. 11, 2013.
If there are any questions or further clarifications are required, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or Telephone : +966-3-860-2800, or check our website at: http://www.kfupm.edu.sa/gsor follow us on Facebook and Twitter via the links .