IESL Engineering Degree Course: Path to a career in Engineering

careers, Courses, Engineering, Institutes 25 1341

The Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka (IESL) which is the premier professional body for engineers in Sri Lanka has gained reputation for its excellence in providing engineering education in the country. Its part-time engineering course which is recognized as an equivalent to engineering degrees offered by state universities in the country fulfills the academic qualifications required to become a fully-fledged engineer. The qualification is well recognized to gain employment as a qualified engineer, both in the state and the private sector. Thus the IESL Engineering Course is a top choice for those students who wish to become an engineer.

Entry requirements for the IESL Engineering Course

GCE (A/L) – Sri Lanka (03 Subjects in Mathematics Stream) or London (A/L) (Mathematics Stream)

Course Structure

The course consists of three levels, Certificate, Advanced Diploma and the Graduate Diploma. It is specially designed to facilitate lateral entry at the start of levels 1 and 2 and multiple exits, at the end of each level. The students have the choice of selecting several fields of specialization:

• Civil engineering,
• Electrical engineering,
• Mechanical engineering
• Electronic engineering ,
• Communication and computer engineering.

Students who satisfactorily complete the course are eligible to become Associate Members of the IESL, a professional qualification, paving their way to a successful career as an Engineer.

The structure of the course is as follows:

Certificate level
Engineering Certificate Stage 1 – One Year
Engineering Certificate Stage 2 – One Year
On successful completion of the Certificate level Stages 1 and 2, students are eligible to receive IESL Engineering Certificate.

Advanced Diploma Level
Advanced Diploma Stage 1 – One Year
Advanced Diploma Stage 2 – One Year
On successful completion of the Advanced Diploma Stages 1 and 2, students are eligible to receive IESL Engineering Advanced Diploma.

Graduate Diploma Level
Graduate Diploma – approximately one and a half years.
The Graduate Diploma course consists of eleven subjects and a project. On successful completion of the Graduate Diploma students will be awarded the IESL Engineering Graduate Diploma.

The theory classes of the course are conducted at the IESL headquarters in Colombo, during the weekends, to allow students who are already employed, to follow the classes at ease. The practical sessions are conducted at the University of Moratuwa and the Open University of Sri Lanka. The medium of instruction is English.

Institution of Engineers, Sri Lanka is the professional body for engineers which has excellence in providing engineering education

The highly qualified and dedicated academic staff consists of part time lecturers from the Engineering Faculties of the state universities and the industry who make every effort to create a stimulating academic environment to promote and enhance innovation among students.

Course Fee for 2012
Certificate Level
Stage 1 – Rs. 50,000/=
Stage 2 – Rs. 75,000/=
Advanced Diploma Level
Stage 1 – Rs. 150,000/=
Stage 2 – Rs. 150,000/=
Graduate Engineering Diploma – Rs. 200,000/=

To obtain further details of the course contact:
The Director of studies
The IESL College of Engineering
Tel : 011 2 698 426 (Ext. 239)
Fax : 011 2 699 202.
Email: dir.studies.coe@iesl.lk;
Website : http//www.iesl.lk/collegeofengineering

IESL Institute of Engineers Sri Lanka IESL Engineering Degree Course: Path to a career in Engineering IESL Engineering Degree Course: Path to a career in Engineering SKU UPC Model

Civil Engineering

Sep 08, 2013 by Janani Sisara

I have got through only two (02) simple passes from Mathematics subjects of GCE A/L exam. Please confirm me whether i am qualified to follow Civil Engineering certificate course in IESL.
Thank You.

Best way to become an Engineer in Sri Lanka

Feb 18, 2013 by Samanmalee Ranmuthu

This course is the best way to become an Engineer in Sri Lanka

4.5 5.0 2 2 I have got through only two (02) simple passes from Mathematics subjects of GCE A/L exam. Please confirm me whether i am qualified to follow Civil Engineering certificate course in IESL Engineering Degree Course: Path to a career in Engineering

Click here to submit your review.

Submit your review
* Required Field

Comments

comments

Hiran

University Senior Lecturer at University of Sri Jayewardenepra, Sri Lanka

1. Nadish August 24, 2014 at 8:02 pm -

Sir after gettinh SLIIT 4year Meachatronics degree, can I have IESL membership?

What should I do to become a charted Engineer having SLIIT degree?

2. shehan July 22, 2014 at 1:11 pm -

I am currently an engineering(earth resources engineering,2 nd year) student at university of Moratuwa. If I am going to follow a civil engineering Degree programme in IESL ,Am i eligible for exemptions of any subjects?

3. nuwan July 18, 2014 at 3:55 pm -

sir, I have already completed CGTTI. full time course And NCT electrical engineering . can I enter the Iesl certificate course?

4. SAFRAS July 6, 2014 at 12:39 pm -

i finished HNDE , will u give exaption for follow degree coures

5. Hiran May 26, 2014 at 9:18 pm -

sahan – Please contact IESL for details.

6. sahan May 26, 2014 at 7:54 pm -

sir ,i want to know when will the start new batch in2014

7. M.koneswaran May 8, 2014 at 10:15 pm -

I completed course City &Guilds of london Institute of Full Technological certificate for Telecommunication Technicians in year 1994. Can I get membership in IESL.

please be good enough to give me a solution at your earliest convenience,,,

8. M.koneswaran May 7, 2014 at 8:24 pm -

I completed course City &guilds of london Institute of Full Technological certificate for Telecommunication Technicians in year 1994. Can i get membership IESL.

Please be good enough to give me a solution at your earliest convenience.

9. Hiran April 27, 2014 at 8:33 pm -

Dilakshan rss – Contact IESL for details.

10. Dilakshan rss April 27, 2014 at 2:41 pm -

I’m following civil engineering course (HND ENGINEERING colombo-15)…. and To complete my degree certificate in B.sc in engineering what are the stages i want to complete
    How can i register and enter the course but the course should be external
    What are the charges for the whole course -

11. Viduranga April 22, 2014 at 11:15 am -

My z-score 0.9095 will I select the ndt course?

12. nihal dangampola February 23, 2014 at 5:27 pm -

I have passed my general science degree (B.sc) examination at university of peradeniya on 1997 and also passed national diploma of technology (NDT) civil at university of moratuwa 0n 2002.
    How can i register and enter the course but the course should be external
    What are the charges for the whole course

13. w.naimul haq February 23, 2014 at 4:14 pm -

likes iesl

14. saranraj February 16, 2014 at 12:48 pm -

Sir, i’m already follow engineering course (material science & engineering, @ university of moratuwa) how to i follow civil engineering course @ iesl. Plz send all information to my email. I have already memmbership in iesl.

15. Hiran December 12, 2013 at 6:07 pm -

Please contact IESL

16. Udayanga December 9, 2013 at 9:07 am -

Iam finished NDET-CIVIL at UNIVOTEC.i want 2 become a IESL engineer. And Can I get membership in IESL?
    Please be good enough to give me a solution at your earliest convenience. ..

17. Mohamed arshath November 16, 2013 at 8:39 pm -

Iam finished HNDE-CIVIL at mattakuliya sliate.i want 2 become a IESL engineer.how many years want me 2 complete this as the part time.? And how much money want?

18. roshan November 4, 2013 at 9:25 am -

sir,i have finished my a/l exam and pass that exam,if i follow this IESL ,what is my begining level?

19. shaik fazly October 20, 2013 at 9:02 pm -

I have completed Graduate diploma in CEI-uk. Can I get membership in IESL?
    Please be good enough to give me a solution at your earliest convenience. ..

20. R.P.A.M. Pathirana October 8, 2013 at 8:51 am -

Are they providing engineering equivalent degree certificate or are they providing only graduate diploma certification ?

How Can I get a degree.

21. sathsara September 11, 2013 at 4:15 pm -

here you mensioned about a deploma level. can i get a engineering degree from iesl.

22. Hisham August 12, 2013 at 8:49 am -

if i finish the HNDE , Can i finish the degree in engineering here

23. Asiri June 23, 2013 at 12:33 pm -

Sr,can we entry from NVQ level 6 or NDT to degree level of iesl?

24. kasun September 11, 2012 at 8:40 am -

Are they providing engineering equalant degree certificate or are they providing only graduate diploma certification ?

Is this course internationally recognised? Can i do masters if i completed this courses ?