How to select Private Engineering degree course in Sri Lanka

Engineering 16 1134

Engineering is a vast field that you can work on. It may take you around the world, working on a wide range of development projects. If you like to take challenges, Engineering is the right career for you to follow.

Three National Universities, University of Moratuwa, Peradeiya and Ruhuna offer highly reputable engineering courses. However selecting a private educational institute is very complicated as there is no government recognized procedure for the private institutes to issue the engineering degrees. However there are few recognized institutes handling the engineering courses in Sri Lanka, with a partnerships with overseas universities.

CINEC Maritime Campus is one of leading private institutes situated in Malabe where you can start engineering studies. This campus is well recognized and quality certified by ISO. They have already started courses like BEng (Hons) Electronics and Communications Engineering , BEng (Hons) Mechatronics , BEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering , BEng (Hons) Civil Engineering. This costs around 15 lakhs for each course based on around five lakhs for a years. Course duration is around 3 years. CINEC Maritime Campus is very popular in Sri Lanka for undergraduate studies because it has all the facilities in the campus premises and has also good environment for studies.

ICBT Campus is also a well known campus in Sri Lanka. It has the largest chain of campuses in Sri Lanka. This campus has been  recognized by British council and ED EXCEL. In here also you can find courses I have mentioned earlier. The structure of the course is slightly different from the CINEC at ICBT. The degree is under 2 steps. End of the first two years you will get the HND for the course you did which is awarded by the EDEXCEL with 6 months industrial training. The third year you can continue with the degree programme. It costs slightly less than CINEC, around 10 lakhs.

Colombo School of Construction is another institute in Sri Lanka which is newly started in Pita Kotte. This institute has courses which are related to construction. This institute got the recognition and the approval from the IQSSL for Quantity surveying. Course duration is 3 years as the other institutes. This course also has a 6 months industrial training similar to other HND courses. Also this institution provides HND from EDEXCEL for other construction fields as well. This costs bit less than other institutes around 9 lakhs.

Northshore College of Business and Technology is another newly started institute in Sri Lanka. This institute has a partnership with University of the West of England (UWE), Bristol, UK. The courses they conduct are based on four years duration. They have already started Civil Engineering and Electrical and Electronic Engineering. As this institute has recruited several senior academics from University of Moratuwa, their academic standard should be good. The background, the surrounding to study and the facilities are very good. All the engineering courses cost around 16 lakhs. This campus is situated at Colombo 15.

There are some more institutes that I didn’t mention which provide engineering courses. Finally I must say that every institute has advantages and disadvantages too. The student must choose the proper course and the proper institute suits the most based on their future plans.

Note: SLIIT also offer Electronic Engineering degrees

Related:
Mecahatronics Degrees

Comments

comments

Hashan Subasingha

20 years old. Civil engineering student at ICBT. Facebook username is hashan.subasingha.

1. nihi August 1, 2014 at 9:14 pm -

The best Engineering courses next to the conventional state universities r OUSL Engineering technology (BTech).this is 4 years recognized by both IESL and UGC.next course is IESL college of Engineering its 5 years part time course.a good professional engineering qualification well recognized by both state and private sectors.these two courses are good engineering courses with compare to other engineering degrees to get jobs n srilanka and abroad.

2. gayanga July 19, 2014 at 4:02 pm -

I did my al n I hv sss in biology…wont it be a problem fr me if I do electronics engineering in a private campus..will I be abl t gt undrstoot maths part in thm plz help me

3. T.Kirushna July 5, 2014 at 10:28 pm -

Dear Sir,
    I have done Chemical Engineering Technology (National Diploma In Technology) at University of Moratuwa. I think there are no more institute to complete it as a degree in srilanka. so please kindly asked you to change my career in right path. Reply me as soon as possible.

4. aruran May 23, 2014 at 9:28 pm -

dear sir,
    i completed civil engineering advance diploma in city&guilds.but i got 2passes in a/l.i like to complete my degree in government(iesl) recoganized and low fees insititiutes.so please tell what i want to do?

5. ahamed May 2, 2014 at 6:18 am -

Dear sir
    I have complete IVQ level 3 in electronic engineering. but very difficult to find good job in this field. so I have to change my career path. I hope to do in electrical engineering now im in abroad. how can i do? which campas is good? how it is possible?

6. asvar March 6, 2014 at 12:54 pm -

sir.
    i,am a bulding electricen. i,am working 10years saudi arabia. 14years expirience in electrical. now i need HND certificate1,
    i have 1998 electrical diploma certificate ordinatury level results only. i know electrical all subject. sir u need look my tallent after u give me certificate. pls reply with me thx.

7. Dinuban February 19, 2014 at 11:24 pm -

i have completed my A/L and wanted to do Mechanical Engineering which one to go ICBT or CINEC ???? RSAP

8. silva February 11, 2014 at 9:08 pm -

I am a full time student of Ceylon german technical collage.I finished my cource and I want improve my skill as An electrical ingineere , what is the course I should follow to be an Engineere?

9. saranga December 22, 2013 at 8:32 am -

Mm a/l fail… Mata karanna puluwan eng course monawada? Koheda?

10. janka December 6, 2013 at 12:45 pm -

sri mama open uni aja electronics eng dedree akata reg wala 1st year akath complet kara.but eta passa mata open yanna bari una .mama autar c clack aka th couse karala teyanawa mata mokadda ekmaninma awrudu gana aduwan karaganna pluwan degree aka

11. udan December 5, 2013 at 7:56 am -

sir lankawei pitaratai 2kema wadima piliganeemak thiyena eng degree ekak karanna puluwan hondama institute eka mokakda?

12. danushka October 22, 2013 at 8:05 pm -

sir 3years digree ekak nisa awlak weida mn icbt ekea engneering degree ekak kalot

13. Athif September 29, 2013 at 8:03 am -

I like do this cours

14. Lakmal May 15, 2013 at 12:16 pm -

Cinec degree fees around 4 lakhs.Isn’t ?

15. Eranga Pradeep October 25, 2012 at 10:43 pm -

cinec degrees good or what?.