National Institute of Business Management commonly known as NIBM is a leading education institute in Sri Lanka in the fields of Management and IT. It’s a statutory body under the Ministry of Vocational & Technical Training. NIBM has established in 1968 and has captured a considerable market share in past 40 years. Being a government institute NIBM offers a competitive service to students facilitating them to obtain recognized professional qualifications at a reasonable price.
NIBM offers number of courses of their own and collaborating with foreign universities. Most of their degree programmes are approved by UGC of Sri Lanka. These courses can be basically categorized as
• Degree programmes
• Diploma programmes
• Certificate courses
• Foundation courses
• Workshops and seminars
Courses offered in IT
In the discipline IT NIBM offers different courses of its own and in collaboration with the University of Ireland. Degree and Diploma courses are to cater different needs as well as Certificate courses to ensure students with lesser entry qualifications to National Universities. After completing basic courses students are able to work towards a well recognized degree in IT from Europe.
• B.Sc in Management Information Systems (conducted in collaboration with University College, Dublin)
• B.Sc in Management Information Systems – Special Degree (UGC Approved)
• Diploma in Computer System Design ( English )
• Higher Diploma in Computer Based Information Systems ( English )
• Certificate Course in 2D and 3D Animation
• Certificate Course in Computer Networking & Administration ( English )
• Certificate Course in Computer Hardware
• Certificate Course in Personal Computer Based Application Packages (English)
• Certificate Course in VB.NET Programming for Database Applications ( English )
The cost of these courses varies between an affordable range. For example cost of Certificate course in 2D & 3D Animation is Rs 30500/- whereas cost of B.Sc in MIS is Rs 480500/-. The tuition classes are conducted in weekends and weekday evenings. Therefore students who are employed can easily follow these courses.
Courses in management and related fields
In the field of management and productivity the NIBM offers the mature and employed student the opportunity to obtain well recognized qualifications in diverse fields through twelve diploma programs conducted in the English and Sinhala media as well as the numerous Certificate and short term courses. The institute also caters to specific needs of the industry through customized training programs and through consultancy assignments.
• B.Sc in Business Management Special Degree – (UGC Approved)
• B.Sc (Hons) in Management (conducted in collaboration with University College, Dublin)
• B.Sc (Hons) in Human Resources Management (conducted in collaboration with University College, Dublin)
• B.Sc (Hons) in Facilities Management
• Advanced Diploma in Business Management / Part Time ( English )
• Higher National Diploma in Insurance (HNDI)
• Advanced Diploma in Marketing Management ( English )
• Advanced Diploma in Project Management
• Advanced Diploma in Financial & Management Accounting ( Sinhala )
There are number of courses conducted by NIBM other than listed here. You can contact NIBM on Tel Nos: 011-2692165, 011-2693404, Hotline: 5321000, Email: email@example.com.
You can download the Registration form. This form can be used to register for any program conducted by NIBM. Completed form should be sent to the NIBM. Application can be Faxed or Posted
NIBM’s main campus at Colombo and other regional centers in Kandy and Kurunagala ensure that quality education and training is available throughout the country. NIBM intends to establish Regional Centres in other key districts to meet the needs of the youth and those of the industry, for qualified and trained personnel.
Colombo Center -120/5, Wijerama Mawatha, Colombo 7. Hot Line: 5321000 – 30
Kurunegala Center -47, Bauddaloka Mawatha, Kurunegala. 037-5620298, 037-2222778
Kandy Center-30, Colombo Street, Kandy. 081-2236651 077-7791667
NIBM is awarding Gold Medals, full scholerships and half scholerships for each batch per each Diploma programme and Higher Diploma programmes. Students will be selected for these based on a selection criteria by NIBM’s governing council.
The NIBM Library & Documentation Centre is a good source of information for students. This is available for course participants for reference purposes. Participants in Diploma Programmes and certificate courses are allowed the facility of borrowing books on payment of a refundable deposit.
Sir I followed the Diploma course at NIBM in SRILANAKA year in 1989 3rd Batch and 1991 . so be kind enough to look a friends
I Like to join with who all that study at NIBM At Sri Lanka in year 1989 -1991 3rd Batch So want find friends , who were the course
Great Place. I like the courses here.
Pioneer in business education
NIBM is the pioneer in business education of Sri Lanka.
- 2 Banner Ad slots open