Degree programs at Sir John Kotelawala Defence University KDU

careers, Courses, Degrees, Engineering, Institutes, scholarships, Universities 103 37865

Updated: 17 February 2015 – Apply for Undergraduate Cadetship 2015/2016 Programs at KDU – Apply before 15 March 2015

Sir John Kotelawala Defense University (KDU) offers degree courses at both undergraduate and post graduate levels. Founded in 1981 as a Defence Academy, KDU was elevated to the level of a university in 1986.

Undgergraduate Degree Programs

LLB

Faculty of Graduates Studies

BSc in Management Degree

Faculty of Defence and Stratergic Studies

Faculty of Allied Health Science

Faculty of Research and Development

The duration of all the degree programmes is three years except MBBS and BSc Engineering degree programmes of which the durations are five & a half and four years respectively. One year Advanced Military Training component of the above degree programmes will be provided at the respective Military Academies of the Army / Navy / Air Force (except for MBBS) as determined by the Board of Management.

Calling Applications for Undergraduate Cadetships, Academic year 2015/2016, KDU – Ratmalana & KDU – Southern Campus Suriyawewa

– Apply before 15 March 2015

For detials visit KDU web site

Fee Levying Non Military Courses at KDU

KDU recently started enrolling civilian students on payment basis to follow degree programmes under Engineering, Law, Information and Communication Technology, Logistics Management and Social Sciences streams. On the successful completion of these non military academic studies, they are awarded the following Bachelor’s Degrees respectively.
a. BSc in Engineering
b. Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
c. BSc in Information and Communication Technology
d. BSc in Logistics Management e. BSc in Social Sciences
For details on Fee Levying Non Military Courses at KDU

Faculty of Allied Health Sciences at KDU

Recently established Faculty of Allied Health Sciences offer following degree programs.

DEGREE PROGRAMMES – 03 years + 1 year • B.Sc. in Nursing • B.Sc. in Physiotherapy • B.Sc. ill Medical Laboratory Sciences • B.Sc. ill Radiography • B.Sc. ill Pharmacy

For details visit: http://www.kdu.ac.lk/index.php?id=376

Deadline for application of MBBS, BSc 2012 courses – 29-Feb2012

Deadline for B.Sc. in AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING (Fee levying) – 23 April 2010 (Brochure – pdf)

Related Categories on this web site:

Comments

comments

1. hirusha dilakshana May 20, 2016 at 7:16 pm -  Reply

Sir,what o/l resualts in this degree programe?send me more information about this

2. Supun May 5, 2016 at 7:16 pm -  Reply

Sir i did a/l exam 2015 and got 2A 1C l like to join kdu i want to more information about cources and kdu

3. viraj March 26, 2016 at 5:41 pm -  Reply

Dear sir \ madam
    Faced A/l exam in 2015 in art stream.

Political science A
    Economics B
    Sinhala B
    Z score 1.0654
    Distric rank 695
    But I have W pass to English in O/L exam can I apply for law

4. shehari madushani March 4, 2016 at 9:08 pm -  Reply

Dear sir,I faced A/L exam in 2015 with AAC and S for English,,my z-score is 1.3362.can I apply for LLb in kdu how I apply this.

5. sanju karunarathna February 25, 2016 at 1:31 pm -  Reply

Dear sir,
    I faced A/L in Maths stream and i got 3 passes can I join KDU or else what are the minimum results needed as Im facing A/L this year also. I wear spectacles is that a problem

6. kGCP BANDARA February 18, 2016 at 3:04 pm -  Reply

sir ,/ madam’
    please sent me what are the QUALIFICATION of LLB DIGREE . and what are the other qualification of LLB Digree. how maney rupee cource fee. thanks.

• chathuranga waas April 8, 2016 at 7:35 pm -  Reply

Dear sir,what are the qualifications of LLB degree program … and how many courses fee .
      Thanks .

7. D.R.Hansaka supun dissanayake February 3, 2016 at 2:02 pm -  Reply

I’m hansaka,i have 2A’s &1B in 2015 a/l
    Exam on commerce scream,my z-core
    Is 1.433,so i like to join KDU ,plz send me more imformations about couses and admission

8. chandi January 27, 2016 at 11:42 am -  Reply

i have 3c in 2015 a/l in bio scheem.can i apply for mbbs.what are the fees for that

9. KMS Lakshan January 25, 2016 at 9:12 pm -  Reply

Sir,I faced G.C.E. A/Ls in 2012 and I passed with 3 s in commerce screem..currently I’m following a civil enginnering diploma and I works in 8th engineering service regiment (v) as a construction supervisor.I love to be a officer in a fighting unit…can I fullfill that with kothalawala defence school??hope a reply soon

10. Malsha January 25, 2016 at 7:13 pm -  Reply

Dear sir/madam,
    I have 3 credit passes in bio stream in 2015.z-score is 0.8479.Can I apply to MBBS in KDU?If I can how can I do that?

11. Saroos January 7, 2016 at 11:21 pm -  Reply

Hello sir i’am2015 maths beacth I love air force but my results 1s please I joint with you

12. sanduni January 3, 2016 at 11:29 am -  Reply

Dr sir, I have 3c in bio. How much is the course fee for MBBS (kdu) ?

13. Nilmini Lokupathirage December 9, 2015 at 10:02 am -  Reply

Dear Sir,

Pl send me the course fee and the minimum qualification of AL for MBBS Degree

14. tejitha September 20, 2015 at 7:09 pm -  Reply

What r the causes that we can do after o levals

15. P R Sashini Hansika Athukorala September 4, 2015 at 9:06 pm -  Reply

how to join kdu

16. sandun September 3, 2015 at 9:48 pm -  Reply

Dear sir,I did al exam 2014, and i got 2B 1C .So i want to enter kdu to MMBS.please notice about MMBS cost as soon as.

17. fz March 28, 2015 at 9:25 pm -  Reply

sir can i know the course fee for the MBBS degree because am unsure whether the medical faculty is privatised or not
    waiting for a fauvarable replybsoon

18. piyumi February 27, 2015 at 11:38 am -  Reply

Sir, I got 3 passes in bio stream, I wish to apply kdu in this year.. how could I apply for the course..2015

19. matheesha udawatte February 13, 2015 at 6:54 pm -  Reply

Sir what are the corse fees for mbbs. And can femalesapply as well. Sir awaiting ur favourable reply at earliest convenience.

20. Rushan Jayathunga January 30, 2015 at 11:32 am -  Reply

Dear sir,
    I have finished my G.C.E. A/L exam in maths stream. My results are
    A- Combined maths
    B- Physics
    B- Chemistry
    Z Score- 1.7881
    When will the admissions call for engineering students as cadet officers for the year 2015? Please send me more information about the degree program.

21. kushan madanayake January 29, 2015 at 9:45 am -  Reply

dear sir,
    I did my A/L s in bio stream in english medium and i got 3 passes. i’m a cadet, a prefect, a scout in my school carrier. sir can i apply for the mbbs degree or for any other degree with this results? sir when will start the mbbs degree program?

22. jude janith January 17, 2015 at 4:11 pm -  Reply

Sir, I got two B passes and one C in biology stream, my z-score is 1.4229 in Colombo district. Can I apply for medicine in defense university? I have to use spectacles as I can’t see far, will it be a problem applying for defense school?

1 2 3 4