Degree programs at Sir John Kotelawala Defence University KDU

careers, Courses, Degrees, Engineering, Institutes, scholarships, Universities 22 56189

Sir John Kotelawala Defense University (KDU) offers degree courses at both undergraduate and post graduate levels. Founded in 1981 as a Defence Academy, KDU was elevated to the level of a university in 1986.

Undgergraduate Degree Programs

LLB

Faculty of Graduates Studies

BSc in Management Degree

Faculty of Defence and Stratergic Studies

Faculty of Allied Health Science

Faculty of Research and Development

The duration of all the degree programmes is three years except MBBS and BSc Engineering degree programmes of which the durations are five & a half and four years respectively. One year Advanced Military Training component of the above degree programmes will be provided at the respective Military Academies of the Army / Navy / Air Force (except for MBBS) as determined by the Board of Management.

Calling Applications for Undergraduate Cadetships, Academic year 2015/2016, KDU – Ratmalana & KDU – Southern Campus Suriyawewa

– Apply before 15 March 2015

For detials visit KDU web site

Fee Levying Non Military Courses at KDU

KDU recently started enrolling civilian students on payment basis to follow degree programmes under Engineering, Law, Information and Communication Technology, Logistics Management and Social Sciences streams. On the successful completion of these non military academic studies, they are awarded the following Bachelor’s Degrees respectively.
a. BSc in Engineering
b. Bachelor of Laws (LLB)
c. BSc in Information and Communication Technology
d. BSc in Logistics Management e. BSc in Social Sciences
For details on Fee Levying Non Military Courses at KDU

Faculty of Allied Health Sciences at KDU

Recently established Faculty of Allied Health Sciences offer following degree programs.

DEGREE PROGRAMMES – 03 years + 1 year • B.Sc. in Nursing • B.Sc. in Physiotherapy • B.Sc. ill Medical Laboratory Sciences • B.Sc. ill Radiography • B.Sc. ill Pharmacy

For details visit: http://www.kdu.ac.lk/index.php?id=376

Deadline for application of MBBS, BSc 2012 courses – 29-Feb2012

Deadline for B.Sc. in AERONAUTICAL ENGINEERING (Fee levying) – 23 April 2010 (Brochure – pdf)

Updated: 13 February 2016 – Apply for Undergraduate Cadetship 2017/2018 Programs at KDU – Apply before 11 March 2016
KDU courses 2017 Intake
Related Categories on this web site:

Comments

comments

1. Gavindu January 30, 2017 at 9:51 am -  Reply

dear sir,
    i am studied in enginiring technology in 2016 a/l and my result is 2C and S.sir can i apply Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering??please send me details about that..
    please informed me by,
    e-mail- wpgavindu@gmail.com
    t.p -0710672829

• Hiran February 1, 2017 at 11:15 pm -  Reply

Civil Engineering with technology?

2. Hanas Marikkar January 23, 2017 at 8:07 am -  Reply

Dear Sr, I have the 2CS result from bio science stream chemistry-C, biology-C,Physics-S, so how can I apply to the BPharm course from your university! I kindly request you pls, inform me!

3. Kaushalya H Vithanage January 23, 2017 at 1:30 am -  Reply

Dear sir, I done my A/L’s in 2016 in bio science & I got 3C passes and A pass for English, can I apply for MBBS degree in KDU? what are the qualifications need to apply for KDU?
    Pls inform….hvkaushalya@gmail.com

4. Amanda January 22, 2017 at 11:24 am -  Reply

Dear sir,I would like to know the cut off z scores for kdu medicine faculty for 2017

5. KALUBOWILA SHEHAN THUSHEERA January 14, 2017 at 9:21 pm -  Reply

Dr sir i would like to know what are the courses i can study, i sat for A/L in 2016 in art stream and i have got 3 A pass with 1.3041z score.

6. Usaithly January 12, 2017 at 12:11 pm -  Reply

Sir I’m Usaith i studied AL Physical Science in year 2016 and my result is 3C can I apply for kdu engineering course and please tell me about the course fees & entry qualification

• Hiran January 12, 2017 at 5:46 pm -  Reply

Pl call KDU

7. sakee January 8, 2017 at 11:44 pm -  Reply

Sir, I am studied technology stream in 2016. My result is CCS. Sir Can I apply engineering course in john kothalawa university. Pls reply me .
    My email – sakeefaleel@gmail.com
    My phone – 0752265312

8. Kumudu January 8, 2017 at 10:04 pm -  Reply

Dear Sir,
    When will 2017 intake starts and please let me know after graduation only we can serve try forces or we can serve any organisation in the country.

9. Amila October 24, 2016 at 8:04 am -  Reply

Sir, i did my A/Ls in2015 in maths stream and i’d like to know about bio medical engineering degrees to be taken in srilanka
    my email amilarukshan1234@gmail.com

10. Chandani Perera October 5, 2016 at 10:16 am -  Reply

I want to know the details of the MBBS course ( admission dates , fees structure and required AL results). Moreover I also want to know if you enroll students of Edexcel IAL.

• Hiran October 6, 2016 at 10:06 am -  Reply

Pl contact KDU on numbers given above.

11. Thamalsha Devmini September 28, 2016 at 9:02 am -  Reply

I have sat for the A/L exam 2016 in bio stream So I want to know more details about the courses related to above stream please send me a full description(specially MMBS) about that tell:0773727658

12. Mahendra Perera September 25, 2016 at 9:46 am -  Reply

Dear Sir,
    I am a Sri Lankan student living in Dubai, UAE. I have done my advance level exam’s in UK curriculam and have a specific question on the selection of applicants for your university.
    I have done Mathematic, Chemistry, Physics and Information Technology (ICT) as my sublects for AS level.
    The Mathematic is based on the Ed-EXCEL syllabus and the other three subjects were followed with Cambridge syllabus. This is how the school I attended in Dubai has structured there AS levels.
    Since it is a mix of two syllabuses do you object my application to be in your university. Please, appreciate your response as soon as possible.
    Thks n rgds

Mahendra Perera

13. Thilangika Kodituwakku September 20, 2016 at 11:58 am -  Reply

Pl. send me new admission details for 2016 A/L STUDENTS

14. D.Fernando September 12, 2016 at 5:52 pm -  Reply

i have sat for my A/L exam in August 2016 and waiting for my results can i follow a management degree program at KDU as a day scholar Thank you

15. panchali athukorala August 18, 2016 at 11:26 am -  Reply

I have done my AL’s in bio stream so i wish to know more details about degree programs related to bio stream. plz send me full description about that athukoralapanchali@gmail.com

16. Champa August 16, 2016 at 4:33 pm -  Reply

Please let me know qualifications required for MBBS & When to apply for the year 2017.

17. Manori* August 5, 2016 at 8:48 pm -  Reply

I would like to know the details of the MBBS course.please send me the ful description of admission date and fee and A/L results you are loking for.Please inform me.

18. Ahmed younus July 15, 2016 at 3:04 pm -  Reply

I would like to know the details of the mbbs course. please send me the full description of admission date and fee and A/L results you are looking for. please inform us by
    gmail: ahmednaisan75@gmail.com
    tel:- +9609530403

19. udara deepthi karunarathne June 19, 2016 at 11:13 pm -  Reply

Dr sir i want to learn logistic managenet as a day scholer ( civil) . Plz send me details about that. My email is udaradeep.96@gmail.com