Graduate-ship degree program in Chemistry from I Chem after A/L

Chemistry, Institutes, Universities 3 8015

Student asked me yesterday, that she has only one B and two C passes for GCE A/L examination, so that she may not be selected to a government university in Sri Lanka. So what are the options for her to follow private higher degree program in Sri Lanka. Various higher education and career options for students after advanced level examination are listed on this web site.

One option is to follow a degree in Chemistry offered by College of Chemical Sciences, affiliated to Institute of Chemistry, Sri Lanka, which maintains high degree of academic standards as the lectures are conducted by university senior lecturers and professors in Chemistry.

This is a three year program, normally started in January- February each year, after GCE Advanced Level results are released. This degree is equivalent to BSc degree in Chemistry, so after graduation you can follow post-graduate program in Chemistry in Sri Lanka or abroad. According to their news paper advertisement, 91 qualified Chemical Science graduates passed out from the college in 2009.  Eligibility to enter this course is 3 A/L passes or equivalent.
I Chem Chemistry Graduates


Graduateship Programme in Chemistry (GIC)
Diploma in Laboratory Technology Programme (DLTC)

Contact College of Chemical Sciences for details:

Institute of Chemistry Ceylon,
College of Chemical Sciences,
Adamantane House,
341/22, Kotte Road, Welikada
Sri Lanka

Telephone: (+94) 11 4015230, (+94) 11 2861653, (+94) 11 2861231
Fax: (+94) 11 2861231, (+94) 11 2861653

Rate this Institute
1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (8 votes, average: 4.13 out of 5)

Related Posts:
Online degrees in Sri Lanka
External degrees in Sri Lanka
Open university of Sri Lanka
Courses you can do after Advanced Level
CIMA – a quick guide
Free online courses and classes
Select Universities and Courses in Sri Lankan Universities

Posts on Chemistry



Related Posts


  1. chiranthi January 20, 2017 at 7:32 pm -  Reply

    i hve finished my als in 2016. so hw cn i apply fr da chem degree in ichem.hw abt da payments and all that……

  2. Ramesha Hettiarachchi November 6, 2016 at 5:44 am -  Reply

    I did AL in this How can I apply to a chemistry degree in i chem?

    • Hiran November 8, 2016 at 6:37 am -  Reply

      Please contact IChem using above contact details.

Leave a reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *