Degree courses at University of Sri Jayewardenepura

accounting, Chemistry, Computing, Courses, Degrees, Institutes, Universities 13 1298

University of Sri Jayewardenepura is one of the leading universities of Sri Lanka. It is located at Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
It’s full-time student population is over 4,500, enrolled in the faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Studies and Commerce, Applied Sciences, Medical Sciences, and Graduate Studies.

Address:
Gangodawila, Nugegoda.
Tel.: 011 – 280 2695, 280 2696,
280 3 191, 280 3192, 280 2022

Faculty of Graduate Studies offer MSc, MPhil and Phd degrees – Tel.: 552 3642, 280 2551 | Fax: 552 3642

Undergraduate Degree Courses are  offered by three faculties of University of Sri Jayewardenepura:

Faculty of Medical Sciences

MBBS – Medicine – E
BSc Nursing – E
BSc Pharmacy – E
BSc Medical Laboratary Sciences

Contact Faculty of Medical Sciences: Tel.: 280 1480, 280 1077 | Fax: 280 1480

Faculty of Applied Science

Three year BSc General Degrees in three subject combination selected from Chemistry, Botany, Forestry and Environmental Science,
Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Plant Biotechnoloy Aquatic Science and Zoology

Four year BSc Special Degrees in Chemistry, Botany, Forestry and Environmental Science,
Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Plant Biotechnoloy, Zoology  and Food Science & Technology

Contact – Faculty of Applied Sciences: Tel.: 280 2914 | Fax: 280 2914

Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences

General and Special degrees in Arts – S

Contact Faculty of Arts:  Tel.: 280 3196  | Fax: 280 3196

Faculty of Management and Commerce ¶

BSc Special  Degrees in Management – S/E
Public Management (Special) – E
Estate Management & Valuation – E
Commerce – S/E
Business Information Systems (Special) – E

Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce also offers MBA and Phd Programs in Management.

Contact Faculty of Management Studies & Commerce:  Tel.: 280 3343 | Fax: 280 3343

Comment on courses at University of Sri Jayewardenepura:

You may like to read: World Ranking of Sri Lankan Universities

Degree courses at University of Sri Jayewardenepura Degree courses at University of Sri Jayewardenepura It's full-time student population is over 4,500, enrolled in the faculties of Humanities and Social Sciences, Management Studies and Commerce, Applied Sciences, Medical Sciences, and Graduate Studies. SKU UPC Model

Business Information Systems (Special)

Apr 28, 2014 by Dileepa

HUMAN BIOLOGY

Feb 23, 2014 by SMW

I've also heard that the university selects science undergraduates for the HUMAN BIOLOGY DEGREE after the first year.Are they taught just the same content medical students? What kind of jobs can those graduates apply for?

Japura Medical faculy has good facilites excellent teachers

Feb 13, 2013 by Mahesh

Although somewhat new medical faculty, the facilitates, teaching and clinical studies are very good here.
Come to Japura and feel the difference.

Best higher educational institute

Feb 13, 2013 by Pavitha Senanayaka

I like Japura. It has lovely setting, campus life and teaching was excellent in my time there (from 1992-1996)

4.8 5.0 4 4 mata kauru hari dannawa nam me degree program eka gena wisthara tikak kiyannako.... Degree courses at University of Sri Jayewardenepura

Click here to submit your review.

Submit your review
* Required Field

Comments

comments

Hiran

University Senior Lecturer at University of Sri Jayewardenepra, Sri Lanka

1. vihanga July 6, 2014 at 11:15 pm -

im the student of tech (thakshanawedaya). please help me to relax my mind. I want to know cn we come to jayawardana pura campus to the study.. have the tech facolouty for (thakshanawedaya) students..!
    I love jawaradanapura campus. I want to join it..

2. Navinda June 10, 2011 at 3:52 pm -

japura is the best pls come and feel the difference in japura b pharm is among those best things

3. kavyani sawanthika December 22, 2010 at 3:57 pm -

Dr sir,
    im in abroad now.i want to know about online courses.before i have done business management certificate course at sri jayewardenepura & HR certificate course.i would like to follow up diploma course or to join a degree program for one of these subject through the online.if you can send the information to my e-mail adders.Thanks!

4. Kavidu April 28, 2010 at 11:36 am -

Japura has not been closed recently due to student incidents. It had some earlier student problems. Now during last four years, it’s been all good news from Jayewardenepura University. It is good to see that the university staff and students are now contributing to social development work also.

5. Madarasinghe March 15, 2010 at 5:33 pm -

J’pura is exelence university in Sri Lanka

6. Anuradha Fernando February 12, 2010 at 1:36 am -

[Re-Posting]

Well.. can’t even think where to start this. Most of the times I got disappointed but there r something really I can happy about the courses, which I’ve followed and which I couldn’t. As the name implies we hv studied Applied Sciences, but most of the times it was just theories thought the subject was known as a practical subject. this is not a mistake of our lecturerses and some silly attitudes should responsible

The Good things about the courses, I must mention the Dept of Physics because, the first time in the history they allowed us (Bio students) to study Physics and from that I could learn a lot, and forestry indeed, I didn’t much learn anything about trees, but I could learn a lot of best management practices. And I must tell some other thing….

I feel bio students also should have equal right to learn what they wish. When I wanted to study computing and went to the computer dept and asked the permission to attend to the computer science lectures, form one of their superiors, and she said.. “you are a bio student!!, so you can’t. Now you can get out!!” I Was shocked and helpless and came back.

Things are not always same… The head of Dept of Physics was surprised and so happy, when a bio student is asking to study physics, so we got the key to learn something interesting. And they had to do extra work to teach us math and give us more attention. I suggest this kinda flexibility should be there. No matter bio or math, if we know what we doing we entitled to learn what we wish.

Thank you all.

7. Sankalpa Silva February 11, 2010 at 9:55 am -

The Yagirala forest is managed by Forest department, a block of 40ha was given to the Department of Forestry & Environmental Science of the University of Sri Jayewardenepura for promoting education and research.
    Since then SJP is the only university to maintain a forest for education purpose.
    SJP and Dfes ROX!

8. Nimalasena February 11, 2010 at 8:12 am -

I heard jayewardenepura university is closed regularly due to student protests. If so, education would be interrupted.

9. Sampath February 11, 2010 at 8:10 am -

Japura medical faculty has lots of new facilities and we have excellent Professors and and other teaching staff. Come and join our medical faculty. Medical student first year.

10. Nethmi Balasooriya February 6, 2010 at 11:16 pm -

Jaura is maxa. It’s got innovative courses, friendly people. Nice environment. Good cultural shows. come and join. Applied Science Third year student

11. E.H.Silva January 2, 2008 at 10:18 pm -

Medical Laboratory Science – I’m from university of Sri Jayawardenapura.I would like to join you.